Adventure dog Online course
One of the goals that we have set for 2024 is an ADVENTURE DOG online training course: expert-led training to help you and your dog explore the outdoors safely, with the aim of creating a great bond.
This online course will depend heavily on its students, their existing knowledge and experience, as well as individual goals and interest in particular activities, such as hiking, mountaineering, cycling, mountain biking, skiing/snowboarding and ski-touring/splitboarding, camping, stand up paddling, kayaking, etc.
Roughly, the curriculum is designed like this:
- Introduction to Adventure dog training & importance of outdoor exploration and bonding with your dog
- Choosing the right dog or puppy for your desired activity,
- Understanding dog behaviour and communication (body language and signals, recognizing stress and anxiety, handling a reactive dog on outdoor adventures, building trust and a strong bond with your dog)
- Basic obedience training (teaching essential commands, leash manners, loose leash walking, trail etiquette, recall training for situations where dogs are allowed to be off-leash)
- Assessing your dog´s fitness level and health (nutrition, physical condition, health issues, etc.)
- Safety measures for outdoor activities (potential hazards and how to avoid them and/or prevent them, first aid for you and your dog, etc.)
- Outdoor activities in different seasons (hiking, cycling, mountain biking, camping, ski-touring, water activities, etc.)
- Choosing appropriate gear for each activity
- Problem-solving and decision-making during outdoor activities
- Environmental Awareness and Conservation (Leave No Trace principles, Responsible dog ownership in natural areas, Encouraging sustainable practices during outdoor adventures)
- Handling difficult situations (distractions and reactivity, encounters with wildlife, cattle and other dogs, overcoming fear or anxiety)
- Building a Strong Bond with Your Adventure Dog (games and activities to strengthen the bond, mental stimulation exercises for enrichment, incorporating positive reinforcement and rewards into training)
Our ultimate goal is to help as many dogs and humans as we can, so we will gladly personalize the course to our students´ wants and needs.
*The course is planned to begin in spring of 2024.
JOIN OUR WAITING LIST!